You can give designers feedback in a number of ways:
- Leave a comment. This is the most important and productive way of leaving feedback, as it allows you to interact with the designers and provide guidance. Tell designers if their design is going in the right direction, and how they can improve their submission.
- Rate their designs. This gives designers an indication of what you do and don’t like. Just roll your cursor over the stars below each design thumbnail image, and click the rating you’d like to give.
Early in the contest, it’s usually a good idea to not rate designs above 3 stars—this keeps your contest competitive. The 4- and 5-star ratings are the highest possible ratings that you can give, so new designers might be discouraged from entering a contest where designs are already getting ratings at that level.
- Decline designs from the contest. This lets designers know that the specific design wasn’t what you were looking for.
- Leave public comments to all contest participants in the Messages area of your contest.
- Use the Annotation tool to give a visual reference to the designers about any changes that you would like completed to the designs.