This article is about how to write a design brief on 99designs, which will ensure your design contest is set up for success.
An effective brief gives designers everything they need to know to exceed your expectations. At 99designs, we make it easy with our online brief.
To help, here is what a good design brief includes:
- Your brand and business: A quick 2-3 sentence summary is perfect.
- Target audience: Here, you might say something like, “Both men and women between the ages of 25 and 40 who are looking for outdoor adventures.”
- Values to communicate with your design: What feelings and messages do you want the visual design to communicate to your viewer?
- Stylistic preferences: Whether you want something artistic and bold or sophisticated and minimal, this is your chance to let designers know.
- Colors: Set on particular colors? List them here.
- Example images: Trust us, one of the best ways to inform and inspire your designers is to provide images of other designs you like. A good way to do this is making a Pinterest board and linking to it in your brief.
- Anything else?: If you have any special requests or comments, add that info in the last box of the brief.
You’re now ready to get a design you love!