At 99designs, we work hard to maintain the quality and trust of our design community. That’s why we diligently curate all of our designers based on skill level, overall quality and professionalism.
What are designer levels?
To reward designers as they build their skills, 99designs has organized every member of our design community into one of three levels, which appears as a badge on their profile.
- Top Level
- Mid Level
- Entry Level
We determine levels based on how well designers perform on the following criteria:
- Conceptual Thought: How well designers avoid generic design and submit work with creative concepts
- Technical Execution: The strength of a designer’s application skills and their ability to deliver
- Knowledge of Design Principles: How well designers execute typography, visual hierarchy, composition and color in their designs
- Professionalism: Exceptional attitude, communication and politeness with clients, fellow designers and staff
Adherence to 99designs’ rules
- Concept originality: All designs must be your original concept and work.
- Code of Conduct: Respect, honesty and professionalism are required at all times.
- Stock images & clip art: All images must be properly declared and no third-party images are permitted in logo, illustration and button/icon contests.