Designers that achieve Mid Level status meet our quality standards with moderate proficiency in all of the following:
- Execution of design principles
- Conceptual thought
- Technical skills and deliverables
- Client communication and satisfaction
Mid Level designers are expected to maintain the level of their work or risk dropping back down to Entry Level (or increasing to Top Level, as they improve!).
What are the benefits of being Mid Level?
Mid Level designers have built enough trust in the community to enter unlimited Contests, participate in higher prize categories, receive finalist payments and broaden their visibility across 99designs.
How can I become a Top Level designer?
We regularly review designers for Top Level status. If your work exceeds our quality standards, we’ll take notice!
Additionally, Designers may apply for a level review every 6 months if they meet certain criteria. Once we receive your application we’ll review it and notify you of their decision. Designers may not apply outside of the application periods. More information on applying to increase your designer level.
How can I improve my skills?
The best designers have not only mastered their design skills, but also understand how to build long-lasting client relationships (and steadier work, because of it!).
- 7 simple steps to marketing yourself as a designer
- A pricing guide for design freelancers
- How to take a great profile photo without professional equipment
- How to find your niche as a designer
- The right way to brand yourself as a designer
Looking for more hands-on help? Share your designs and get peer feedback in our Designer Forum.