You should report any customer who you see breaking the 99designs user guidelines. This way, you can help keep 99designs a great community for both designers and customers.
These are the main problems we’d like you to report to us:
- Inappropriate content: If an inappropriate contest is posted, please let us know as soon as possible. We have a list of what we consider “inappropriate” but, in a nutshell, if you think anyone would find the contest offensive, please report it.
- Incorrect category: Sometimes customers need a little help knowing where their contest fits. Please let us know when a customer has gotten it wrong and we’ll fix it.
- More than one design task in a contest: This is not allowed, even if some designers are willing to complete more than one task for the contest. Please report these contests and we’ll work with the customer to create a fair and reasonable contest.
- Asking for services we don’t provide: If you see any contests asking for services we don’t provide (such as a web design contest asking for development work), please report them — even if some designers are willing to provide the extra service.
- Unusual or suspicious activity: If anything about a contest strikes you as a little odd, let us know. It may be something in the brief, a comment on the contest, or maybe there’s something not right about the selected winner. Whatever it is, we’ll get to the bottom of it.
Remember, these issues should be handled privately by 99designs. Please don’t post public comments about any of these problems — that will only to lead to damaged reputations and refunded contests.
To report a contest, simply click Report contest on the contest page.
Then, sit tight. We’ll get right on it!